Friday, April 29, 2011

Innocence and Finger Puppets


Sophmore year, spring 2010: Innocence was the inspiration piece for my entire book project. We had a free assignment to do anything we wanted with (complete freedom is actually sometimes the hardest of all) and I had just had a dream about a monster and a little girl. Sometimes my dreams are so vivid and snapshots of them stay with me for a long time, so drawing or writing about them helps to get them out of my head. Innocence was done in colored pencil and acrylic.

One other thing I wanted to add tonight was my finger puppets from a final presentation. I haven't made finger puppets since I was in elementary school and we used to put on improv shows from behind our living room couch. Gotta love art school!

Say hello to Peter and Squawk, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment