Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Explorations of Sunflowers

People have been asking when I'm going to start to upload some of my more current work, so let me reassure you it will be soon! I'm almost through the first half of my college career (well, the postable work anyway) and the semester is finally almost over (two more days alleluja!) These two paintings are from sophomore year, when I took my first class in oils. I studied Impressionism for most of the semester, and learned a lot about using light and creating color palettes. And it was just this year my art history class took a trip to Chicago and I got to see my first Monet in person... along with many other paintings I'd only seen in books.
Words do not describe.
So anyway, above is Sunflowers for Monet, oil on canvas, and below is Green Room Still Life, oil on wood, both from 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment