Thursday, March 24, 2011

Yo Ho! Suddenly I see...

Since I've added mostly Juried Show pieces from Freshman year so far, I decided to add the last two entries of this sort. Yo Ho (above) was done with acrylic on illustration board and is 25 X 25 ". It won Best of Show in the Illustration category. This piece was another "Copy from Master", in which we had to take something about an original image that we liked and crop it, change the concept, or change the coloring. I cropped Yo Ho and exaggerated the characters. I also waited a bit too close to the deadline to get to work, and ended up painting all weekend long (well, until 5 am on Sunday). One of my first artwork all-nighters, but definitely not my last!

 This last piece, Suddenly I See, is one that I entered into the Juried Show of '09 but that wasn't selected by the jurors. Instead, it was shown in the Rejection Show held in the Finlandia Reflection Gallery, the student-run art gallery on campus. Suddenly I See was done with graphite on illustration board. This piece is a self-portrait of many different emotions.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this! Great art works!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i finally caught up on your blog! :) lookin good! LOVE the 'suddenly i see' one!

    ReplyDelete